Bachelor's degree in a related specialized area or field or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
• 3+ years performing technical cyber threat intelligence analysis.
• Strong knowledge of general intelligence analysis principles governing the collection and evaluation of raw intelligence as well as the production and publication of finished intelligence
• Strong knowledge of all-source intelligence and analysis processes
• Strong ability to provide analysis supporting assessments of the overall impact of data loss on current and future USAF weapons programs, scientific and research projects, and warfighting capabilities (in accordance with guidance as set forth in Air Force Instruction 33-200)
• Strong knowledge of Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) principles to include indicators of compromise (IOC) types, indicator pivoting and indicator attribution strength
• Strong understanding of US Intelligence Community and how cyber intelligence organizations work together for purposes of conducting cyber threat analysis
• Strong proficiency in intelligence report writing for DoD and USIC consumers
• Intermediate ability to present technical information and analysis to groups (Candidate will be required to brief up to 50 persons on a quarterly basis and smaller groups of up to 10 persons on a weekly basis)
• Strong ability to conduct Incident Report Analysis on incidents reported under applicable DFARS procedures
• Strong familiarity with threats and vulnerabilities to supply chain, and a deep understanding of the damage assessment process, specifically regarding data compromised as a result of adversary intrusions into contractor networks
• Strong or Intermediate ability to apply formal intelligence analysis methods, develop hypothesis, prove/disprove relationships, always ask why, defend your analysis, and apply attribution to cyber threat activity. Candidate must be able to make confidence-based assessments for purposes of attribution based on their technical analysis of network traffic, multi-source data, malware and system forensic analysis. Candidate must be able to identify analytic bias.
• Self-starter with the ability to proactively engage and develop relationships with intrusion set subject matter experts and analyst counterparts across the US Intelligence and Law Enforcement communities
• Familiarity with DoD Damage Assessment Management Office (DAMO) Program guiding documents and mission (DFARS Procedures, Guidance, and Information (PGI) 204.7303-4 DoD damage assessment activities)
• Ability to correlate data and research using open source repositories (ex. VirusTotal, Domaintools, Threatminer, etc.)
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Cyber Threat Analyst. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
• Background supporting USAF or DoD intelligence analysis components
• Existing Subject Matter Expert of Advanced Persistent Threat activity
• Formal training as an intelligence analyst in any discipline – graduate of US Govt intelligence analysis course: CAC, IBC, Kent School, IC 101, Analysis 101, Army, Navy, Air Force, etc
• Certifications (any): CISSP, CEH, Security+, SANS certification(s), Network+, CCNA
• Advanced Data Visualization proficiency leveraging COTS/GOTS tools
• Any type of Cyber related Law Enforcement or Counterintelligence experience
• Analyst experience in a Federal Cyber Center or corporate computer incident response team
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
18-22 years of professional experience without a degree; or 10-14 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 8-12 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or 4 years of professional experience required with a related PhD or JD; Considered an emerging authority / authority in discipline. Consideration should always be given for the level of specific domain expertise.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran